The Landmark, Mandarin Oriental
‘At Integrated, we share the Landmark Mandarin Oriental’s belief in excellence.’
The Landmark Mandarin Oriental Hotel is one of the finest five-star hotels in Hong Kong. It is also one of the few hotels awarded with the Forbes Five-Star rating in Asia. Despite being conveniently located in Central, the hotel has over 500 guest rooms and a total of 25 floors. The hotel also has a number of facilities which are open to the non-staying guests such as meeting rooms, business center and a Michelin-starred restaurant.
Given the hotel’s status, security for its guests and VIPs were of particular concern to the Landmark management team. The hotel turned to Integrated for a professional access control system that would offer them the highest level of security with a user-friendly centralized system for management.
To assess the risks and to ensure that the hotel is properly secured, our consultants and engineers carefully surveyed the hotel property including all back entrances to the property, access points and restricted areas on every floor of the property. As the hotel was very centrally located, it was imperative that all back entrances were strictly monitored and restricted to authorized personnel only.
Our consultants also proposed an innovative installation method which kept the level of noise and disruption to guests and VIPs at the hotel to a minimum.
Our solution package, amongst other features, included the following key points specific to the hotel’s unique requirements:
- Expert advice on locations which would benefit from access control and surveillance
- Deployment of professional security access control devices in key risk points identified
- Doors and access points integrated with a real-time alarm system
- Real-time report generation
- During installation, noise and disturbance to guests and VIPs were kept to a minimum
- Reliable centralized system as the hotel is in operation 24 hours a day, 7 days a week