Hangzhou International Airport
‘The security groundwork at the Hangzhou International Airport VIP Terminal had to be absolutely perfect for the G20 Hangzhou World Leaders Summit in 2016 and we are proud to have been appointed as the management security experts for this unique opportunity. The security requirements at the airport terminal were clearly critical. This was no doubt one of the most exciting and challenging projects we have completed – and we are pleased that it was a tremendous success.’
A top 10 international airport in China
The Hangzhou Xiao Shan International Airport is the main airport serving the city of Hangzhou and the Zhejiang province in China. It is one of the top 10 international airports in China, handling over 30 million passengers and 590 million tonnes of cargo each year. Securing the airport site is a constant challenge as the airport’s 4000 staff are required to process over 8,500 passengers per hour each day across a terminal building stretching over 370,000 square meters.
Designed specifically for world leaders and VIPs
In 2016, ahead of the G20 World Leaders Summit in Hangzhou, the Hangzhou Airport Authority turned to Integrated for a truly world-class management security solution in order to ensure utmost security and efficiency at its airport terminal where world leaders including Barack Obama, Angela Merkel, Vladimir Putin, Jean-Claude Juncker, Donald Tusk, Theresa May, Justin Trudeau, Francois Hollande, Prince Mohammad bin Salman Al Saud and Shinzo Abe together with their entourage and other VIPs would pass through security and begin their experience at the G20 World Leaders Summit.
A selection of the special features deployed:
- Expert review on building vulnerabilities and terminal security design schematic
- VIP security controlled zones ensuring no external interference or intervention at any stage
- Safeguarding movements of VIPs through special passageways
- Active surveillance and data analysis
- Ultra rapid data response upon VIPs and users presenting private credentials
- Point-to-point encryption in all communication protocols
- Professional management security system with advanced features
- Instant alarm integrated throughout terminal network